CHEC's Coronavirus Policy
This year we have added a 4 week term in May to offer in-person class options. All classes will be small and have limited enrollment (10 students maximum). Teachers have been asked to design classes where students can remain 6' apart. We do ask that students bring a mask that they can wear when activities bring them within 6' of each other. During the fall term, some instructors and some students wore masks at all times. Some students choose to never wear masks and opted out of activities that required them. Most wear masks when close to others, but do not wear them when distanced.
Measures for May Term Outdoor Classes:
- Classes will be held outdoors.
- In the event of bad weather, cancellation notice will be posted on the CHEC website. We’ll post cancellations prior to 10:00 am.
- Students will be asked to maintain a 6’ distance from others. Students are asked to bring a mask or a face guard. This does not need to be in use if you are distanced, but, per local regulations, if you can not maintain social distance, you should have on a mask or face guard.
- Instructors will be asked to design courses that maintain distance so that students will not need face coverings for the majority of the class. Students can expect to have home zones in their class (a blanket, chalk outline, hula hoop) that are distanced.
- Parents will be asked to stay on-site with children ages 8 and under. For parents with older children, students may be dropped off with appropriate paperwork and signing in and out. While we have asked instructors to facilitate social distancing, their responsibility is to teach. If you have concerns about the ability of your student to remain distanced, please stay on-site and assist as necessary.
- CHEC will have one site manager on-site. The site manager will be available to help direct families to classes, answer questions, and assist instructors and families as needed. Please introduce yourself and your children to both the site manager and your child(ren)’s instructor.
- We have a very limited number of outdoor classes available--it is hard to predict demand at this time. If the class you are interested in is full, please add to the waitlist. If there are enough interested students on the waitlist, we will open another section if possible.
Response To A Case of COVID-19 Within CHEC
- As always, it is important to keep a sick child home.
- If we learn of a confirmed case of COVID-19 in one of our students, we will cancel their classes for the following week. We would request that anyone who has a confirmed case inform us as quickly as possible so that we can take appropriate action. CHEC officers will not share the identity of the sick people without permission, but hope families will share information with us so we can idenfity those who have been exposed and take appropriate precautions.
Payment & Refunds
- We do have scholarship funds available. We know many families have been impacted financially by COVID and we want to help. Please do not hesitate to inquire about scholarship if finances are a concern for you.
- You may drop your class prior to April 20th with no penalty. In recognition of the extenuating times, we are reducing the drop fee from $25 to $5 for late drops. If CHEC cancels classes prior to the first day of class, full refunds will be issued. If classes are cancelled after the first day of class, or if we are unable to offer the full 4 weeks of classes due to weather/illness, we will issue half refunds for the missed classes (where the remaining half goes to the teacher).