CHEC's Coronavirus Policy
For Fall Term, we have a combination of online, indoor, and outdoor options. All masking policies apply to instructors, students, and staff, regardless of vaccination status. Indoor classes will be masked. For classes held at the Unitarian church, the church requires everyone in the building to double mask--they accept single masks with a filtration insert for this requirement. For DMR and Lighthouse classes, students may wear a single mask. For outdoor classes, 'I Listen and Create' and 'Draw Like Cezanne and Paint Like Van Gogh' require single masks. All other outdoor classes do not require masks. For outdoor classes, instructors have been asked to design their classes to allow for social distancing, but we cannot guarantee that students will always be 6' apart. All students should be prepared to mask up if they need to enter the building, where the restrooms are located.
We understand that there are a variety of perspectives on masking and Covid response options and that there are people who are disappointed that masks are required and those who are disappointed that we don't have stricter masking requirements. We have tried to provide some variety in offerings, but if you have specific requirements for your Covid responses, then this term may not be the appropriate time for you to sign up for classes. Even the posted guidelines may need to change if the situation changes. CHEC will comply with the requirements of our venues and with local health recommendations.
Measures for Fall Term Classes:
- In the event of bad weather, some outdoor classes will be cancelled. Some will move indoors. We’ll post cancellations for first period classes prior to 8:30 am. Cancellations will be posted on the Chec website.
- Instructors will be asked to design courses that maintain distance so that students will not need face coverings for the majority of the class.
- All classes are drop off for the fall term. Parents are welcome to stay on site, but will need to be primarily outdoors. There is a fenced playground space that parents and siblings can enjoy. We need to stay under 50 people in the church building, so building use will be primarily limited to students and instructors.
- CHEC will have site managers on site. The site manager will be available to help direct families to classes, answer questions, and assist instructors and families as needed.
Response To A Case of COVID-19 Within CHEC
- As always, it is important to keep a sick child home. If a child gets sick while at Chec, you will be asked to come pick them up.
- We request that anyone who has a confirmed case of Covid inform us as quickly as possible so that we can take appropriate action. CHEC officers will not share the identity of the sick people without permission, but hope families will share information with us so we can idenfity those who have been exposed and take appropriate precautions.
Payment & Refunds
- We do have scholarship funds available. We know many families have been impacted financially by Covid and we want to help. Please do not hesitate to inquire about scholarship if finances are a concern for you.
- You may drop your class prior to Sept. 1st with no penalty. In recognition of the extenuating times, we are reducing the drop fee from $25 to $5 for late drops. If CHEC cancels classes prior to the first day of class, full refunds will be issued. If classes are cancelled after the first day of class, or if we are unable to offer the full 8 weeks of classes due to weather/illness, we will issue half refunds for the missed classes (where the remaining half goes to the teacher).